View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Huh?

In the 60s one of my favourite (non-Beatles) records was Yesterday Man by Chris Andrews. It doesn't seem to get many plays, even on oldies stations, but I did find in on YouTube.

My memory of Chris Andrews is not quite the long-haired 1970s guy that's been poured into his trousers. I seem to recall he was fairly short-haired for the time, and smartly besuited. In this "live mime" from 1971 I would not have recognised him.

Still love the song, though.

6 comments:

judith said...

i love that song too val. is that an early "top of the pops?"

val said...

I don't know if it's TOTP, Judith, but early it ain't! It had already been going some time by 1971.

judith said...

i think it was TOTP as its about the only pop show there was. they knew how to do good songs in our day!!

Eliza said...

maybe you should try and tune in to radio Solent..they played this a couple of weeks ago :-)

I remember my mum playing this a lot..so much so that I can still sing it

judith said...

thanks eliza, i now feel very old!!! but i still love you!!

Anonymous said...

i think it was TOTP as its about the only pop show there was.


___________________

Vince

Save OVER 50% for 3 months,Save $21/mo for an Entire Year!* on your Favorite Channels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake