View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, November 12, 2007

A dream in two parts

A couple of weeks ago I had a dream about my long-dead parents giving me a nice scooter as a present - a Vespa or a Lambretta in shiny black. Unusually, I remembered the dream when I woke up.

Last night I dreamt part two. I got the scooter out of the spare room because I'd decided to ride it into work, despite not knowing how to ride it. I checked that it worked (hadn't put in any fuel though) and loaded my bags into the various receptacles, but luckily didn't actually get to take it out on the road before I woke up. Obviously I remembered this dream, too.

It it normal to continue a dream like this, weeks apart? Or have I finally lost my mind?

6 comments:

BobbyG said...

Dreams are funny critters, Val. On rare occasions, I will pick up a dream where I've left off or have a continuance of one such as what you described, but that is a rare exception.

And, no, you haven't lost your mind, you're just using a new dimension.

JoJo said...

Not at all Val. I often have dreams about things or places that I haven't dreamt about in years, but I immediately recognize the place.

SnarkAngel said...

Not sure about the "continuation" thing. All I know is that when I DO remember my dreams (which is rare), they make utter and complete nonsense. LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes, you've lost your mind...
welcome to the club ;>)

Anonymous said...

Can't say I've ever had a 'continuation' dream, at least, not to my waking knowledge. Obviously concerned about work, I was dreaming last night that my office had been moved, and I had to go through an assault course to get to it, including swimming through some disgusting green gunk. Maybe I should retire ;0)

Anonymous said...

I don't think I've every had dreams in two parts, but some dreams I have over and over again.

One of the worst dreams I've ever had was the one where I watched Steve Irwin (The Crocodile Hunter) die and I couldn't do anything to help him. I've also been stabbed and shot in some dreams.

I've had dreams where I met the Beatles, Fall Out Boy, the cast of "Monk," the cast of "Law & Order: SVU," and yes, I have seriously met Vincent in a dream.

If only meeting Vince could become a reality...

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake