View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, November 24, 2007

Dexter

A while back I seem to recall recommending the Dexter books and the TV programme.

Well, the third book in the series Dexter in the Dark is now out, and I have to say it is even better than the first two. I'm only about 50 pages in, but the plot and the writing style had me hooked from page 1.

The TV version captured the atmosphere of the books, but shied away from killing off or maiming lead characters the way Jeff Lindsay does. The utter ruthlessness is strangely appealing.

If you haven't tried these totally original works, please give them a try - I can't imagine you'll regret it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my current rate of reading - I started a hefty tome sometime in August and am at all of page 62 (I keep getting 'distracted') - I might get to these books sometime in the next decade, but I'm willing to give them a go. Thanks for the info!

JoJo said...

Never heard of these!

Anonymous said...

actually a friend once sent me
some dvd's they recorded for me
but I've never watched them...
well Val since I know you have
good taste, think I'll give them
a go and check out the books too

p.s. you should be able to see the video on my blog and don't be daft, of course I'm not making vidoes, I wouldn't have a clue where to begin, I found it on youtube... I'm just amazed I'm able to post youtube on my blog

Anonymous said...

hm,it from a book,ok.if i find even the first book i readit.i only saw dexter as tv version,i like.even if it is..hm..strange?!hey,at least for me it's refreshing different for tv series!

Unknown said...

what is dexter in the dark???

SnarkAngel said...

It would be fun to see a Dexter vs. Goren episode. Hee.

Anonymous said...

I've heard of "Dexter," but I've never watched it. The name reminds me of the children's show I used to watch when I was little: "Dexter's Laboratory."

I'm reading a really big graphic novel called "Blankets." It's an autobiography by Craig Thompson. Oh, and I'm also working through "Middlesex."

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake