View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, October 04, 2007

UK VDO films next week

I noticed in the Radio Times that next week is VDO week. In addition to Season 5 VDO episodes on Hallmark on Tuesday and Thursday, a Channel 5 Season 2 episode on Tuesday, and Season 1 episodes on both Saturday and Sunday on Hallmark, Indie Movies has Thumbsucker at 1.15 on Saturday night/Sunday morning, and Dying Young is on Film4 at 9pm on Tuesday.

Hallmark is advertising its Movies24 "films for men" using clips from, among other things, Pelham, so I foresee another showing of that. But films for men? Are they mad? It has Vincent D'Onofrio in it, looking hotter than hot. It is INDISPUTABLY a film for women!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Val. I almost fell off the sofa when I saw the delicious Mr Blue in the trailer, but I was heard to yell 'Movies for what?' 'WOMEN' I further shouted, 'Not Men!'

Annoyed me almost as much as the announcer on Hallmark who has decided 'Goren' is to be pronounced 'GoHRAN' - AARGH!!!!

If there was time left to take a flight to the States for tonight's premiere episode, I'd be on it.....

Jane said...

Hmmmm, wonder if the person who wrote the copy for 'films for men' is a man?! If I were a man...I'd have a crush on Vincent. (Hell, if I was a cat I'd have a crush on him!)

val said...

Diane, you see how great (Vincent obsessed) minds think alike?

I hadn't noticed the pronunciation thing. No surprise though, as they can't pronounce English properly, and plug programmes on the wrong day at the wrong time!

SnarkAngel said...

Okay . . . for women and GAY men! And the bisexuals, too, of course. And probably a few hetero men who are capable of a "crush" on another guy. Yeah, Pelham is film for EVERYONE! I just hope to see it one day!

val said...

How thoughtless of me, SnarkAngel. I know how fond you are of him. Like so many gay guys you have impeccable taste.

I wish you could see Pelham, too. Over here in the UK we get treated to it regularly. Looks like all you US fans will get is the non-VDO remake.

BUT YOU DO HAVE SEASON 7 TONIGHT BOOHOO!

L&O Chick said...

I have to get out and buy some of these movies! I think season 7 is finally going to be on Canadian tv this saturday - and I have to work! I have time-shifting on my tv so I hope to catch it on the west coast prime time.

JoJo said...

Snarkangel - Val sent me Pelham but I don't have a multiregional DVD player!! Do you?

Anonymous said...

'The Player' was also on Film4 last night. I'll never forgive Tim Robbins......... Jojo, will the DVD not play on your PC?

SnarkAngel said...

Jojo, I DO have a multi-regional! I just bought it recently. Granted, it only plays PC-made dupes in black and white, but I don't mind. A VDO in b/w can be just as much fun as a VDO in color.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake