View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, September 24, 2007

Decisions, decisions

Every September since I started supply teaching, things have been a little slow, then something has always come along that was OK, followed by something really good.

Well, I just got my first two Hospital School patients. I'm supposed to see them on Friday at their homes. I also have a couple of days in my favourite school, and I've been asked to cover maternity leave there from the end of October to July. Trouble is, it's full time. No days off in the week, no trips to the zoo or the shopping centre when there are no kids around.

On the plus side, combined with my pension, the money I would earn would pay off my rather large credit card bill, and maybe buy a new car or replace my conservatory before the broken door falls on my head. (I could get it fixed if any damn builder or glazier would actually keep his word and to it for me...)

So - do I keep on with the part-time work with the Hospital School and other bits that come up, some of which will be great; or do I give up the best part of a year's worth of days off, take the money at a school that I love, and limp my exhausted way towards next summer and a belated rest?

3 comments:

abc said...

work at the school you love & being able to pay the credit card bill? sounds good to me. :)

but it only sounds good because you said you love the school. if you don't, don't do it. but if you really love doing it, i think the former days off won't be missed that much, will they? can you change back again in case you don't like the work? that would be a really cool option. :)

JoJo said...

I say take the job and pay off your bills, get a car, etc. The time will fly by and before you know it, it'll be July again. It's hard to adjust to full time once you've been off work, but as I said, it's only 9 months.

Eliza said...

Taking the full time job and paying off the credit card sounds like a good idea,after all you never know what Ebay may come up with....BUT only if you think you can get by with only weekends for doing the other things you love,although the holidays are a bonus too I guess :-)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake