View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, August 30, 2007

No Going Back(wards)

My dear little car took me on a great trip today, 150 mile round trip to Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in Kent. Trouble is, I had to park in a space where I could go out frontways, 'cos my reverse gear is BUGGERED!

For once I have beaten the laws of Sod - the warranty on the car runs out on Monday. So the manufacturer will have to SUCK IT UP. But I will still have to be without my car just when the new term starts, as the dealer's courtesy cars are all committed to other customers.

I actually took some video footage at the zoo, so as soon as I have done the 3 million things I have to do to get it online (assuming I can actually do them at all) I will share with you the growling gorilla and the limping lioness.

When I got home from my exciting and stressful day, I found that my gas supplier wants to triple my monthly gas payments. Every year we have this performance. Every year I tell them my gas costs have been out of all proportion ever since a new meter was fitted about 3-and-a-half years ago. Every year they find a way to persuade me not to have the meter checked. But now they expect me to fork out about £1500 a year when all I have is a combination boiler. I haven't used it for heating since April, and I probably use less than 50 litres of hot water from it per week, as I have an electric shower and no bath. They are having a laugh, but I'm paying for their amusement.

5 comments:

JoJo said...

Sorry about your car but at least it's still covered under the warranty.

Stupid utility companies! Our gas went up a lot too. We have a gas water heater and furnace, but Brian wants to switch to a tankless hot water heater. It'll cost about $4000 installed, but apparently will save a bundle in the long run.

ann said...

that is a crazy amount...
you must be entitled to
a wopping rebate... what
nonsense. Who do you
use? I'm with British Gas
and my bills are relatively
low

sorry about the car...
crikey how on earth did
you manage to drive with
no reverse? I'd've been
terrified!

hope all these probs get
sorted real quick

SnarkAngel said...

So glad your car is under warranty! Mine is going on 11 years old - no warranty for awhile! LOL. Although it's been a great city car (Geo Metro).

As far as the gas company is concerned, sounds like they need to be investigated out the ying-yang by our fave crime-fighting duo! I think an interrogation is in order . . .

Julie said...

You need a long vacation Val but now things are starting to really get going now for you. Hang in there.

Eliza said...

You have my sympathy where the utility company is concerned. I got a bill for over £600 a few months ago..I'd only been with the company for 6 weeks!!!!! That took what feels like hundreds of phone calls to sort out,but we got there in the end.,Lets just say I'm no longer a customer with them

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake