View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, August 31, 2007

Better News

My car is in the hospital, and they have asked the manufacturer to agree to a new gearbox, rather than a rebuild. On Monday I will be able to get a loan car as it could be some time.

I phoned my utilities company to ask why they thought I owed them over £300 and why they thought it was acceptable to treble my monthly payments. Apparently the gas meter reading for February was higher than those for the following two quarters. Rather than this flagging up a mistaken reading, it was accepted as the correct one. I gave a reading over the phone this morning and guess what? I only owe them £55, and my monthly payment only needs to go up by £4.

It's a good thing their letter didn't go to some frail old person with a heart condition,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My car goes in for it's service on Monday...I shall of course be removing the front piece of my cherished 'VDO' stereo before I leave it at the garage!

ann said...

glad it's all got sorted...

don't they know the customer
is always right????? doh!!!!

SnarkAngel said...

So glad to hear you got this utility thing resolved! Believe me, dealing with utility companies here in the states is only SLIGHTLY less frustrating than dealing with a government agency. I felt your pain. LOL. And the car news is DEFINITELY good! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Debs-

Don't the gas & electric companies annoy you? I was £200 in credit & rang & asked for a refund, they were very reluctant, I pointed out that it was in fact MY money, they said it will cover your winter bills, I said I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Then they took ages sending it me back. Think of all the interest they are making!!

JoJo said...

What a pain in the butt!! Stupid utility company. But hey, at least you got your car in for service while it was still under warranty.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake