View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I won't be long

Tomorrow I'm off to the New Forest to visit my cousin Joyce. It's her daughter Karen who is having a brain tumour removed for the second time, but not the last.

For those who missed a post I did on the forest some time ago, it's actually one of the oldest in the country, having been planted by William the Conquerorat the end of the 11th Century for hunting.

The forest is famous for the wild New Forest ponies. If your garden backs on to the forest, you might end up with some cropping your lawn. Or there might be deer chomping on your prize dahlias.

It's a beautiful place, and because it has been designated a National Park, it cannot be interfered with in any meaningful way.

10 comments:

kris said...

gorgeous pics! i'll be praying and thinking about your cousins daughter, hope the surgery goes well:)

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for the operation, and let's hope the weather is kind to you. As my mother is fond of saying, we have all the scenery in this country, if someone could just nudge the thermostat up a bit!

Unknown said...

The New Forest is beautiful, I wish I lived near it. Best wishes to your cousin's daughter, hope all goes really well.

JoJo said...

How beautiful and peaceful! Enjoy your visit with your cousin and give their daughter my regards.

ann said...

I love the New Forest
but I haven't been there
in years... my parents
used to have a flat in
Bournemouth when my kiddies
were little so every summer
we were there

have a lovely time

hope the weather's better
for you

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

Eliza said...

I love the New Forest,or rather I did when I was a pony mad little girl,haven't been for a long time.All I really remember is trying to sleep in my dads Reliant Robin (Oh the shame) while animals wandered past,and being flooded out of a tent.

DonW said...

beautiful photos Val, the green and gardens in your part of world are super as I learned on our trip over there. Am already puttig some bread aside for another trip.

Anonymous said...

julie...

absolutely beautiful.

Claire said...

And hopefully it never will be...
It looks like a wonderful place. I love the wild ponies at Chincoteague Island. They have the right away and can walk all over the roads (which they do and pose for pictures). Naturally the speed limit is very low due to lots of wildlife.

Regina Caschetto said...

Dear Val-
Prayers coming your way for Dear Karen-
Regi.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake