View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, August 04, 2006

Family Historians are Ghouls


We deal with the dead, there's no way around it. Today I've been up at the Family Records Centre looking up death registration details and ordering death certificates, along with the marraige certificate of a cousing dead 15 years. There's no evidence his wife has died, so my next task is to try and trace her. She'll be in her 80s.

This is a photo of my parents' wedding in 1939. Everyone in it is now dead, except the children who are my cousin June and her brother George, who is the unlucky soul with the lung tumour.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Good luck with the search Val. Sorry blogger wouldn't cooperate....It's been very stubborn lately :(

JoJo said...

I love looking at old photos like this one. But you are right, we have to deal w/ death. Or as my dad used to say to me, "There are only 2 things you have to do in life, die and pay taxes."

ann said...

it's lovely to reminisce...just wait till you get to Canada

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake