View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Cupboard Under The Stairs

A horror story. (Nearly as awful as the Blogger story, which today includes not allowing me to centre the script.)

Well, what do you have in the cupboard under the stairs? I needed to find space to put back my vacuum cleaner and shopping trolley, which have lived in the dining room for a couple of years. Now I can't get into the dining room to get to them, so it's action stations.

A new, bigger house would be a bonus, but unlikely unless I win the lottery. Anyway, I like the neighbours, and the area is so full of the necessaries for life - transport, shops, street market - that I would only move away to go to a country retreat. Plus the unresolved planning application would put potential buyers off.

I have tossed out several pieces of carpet, a cat play stand, and the lid of a long-broken cat litter tray. Two large tins of paint are going into the new shed, along with a dustpan and brush and a single-use barbecue.

Next stop the dining room. Then -gasp - the study!

5 comments:

JoJo said...

How old is your house?

ann said...

I had to move from a massive five bedroom, three living room, study... well you name it we had it, gorgeous house to a very tiny place and almost 30 years of accumulated memories had to go with it.... and I don't miss a thing.... well I miss the house and the husband.... but none of the accessories.

eliza said...

I dread to think what the cupboard under our stairs is like.I avoid it like the plague!!

Glad you managed to get the new shed up,btw.Another place I stay out of as much as possible,unless I feel like risking a broken neck.

Eliza xxxxxx

daydream believer said...

val, i hear ya...but moving doesnt help me....i end up packing all the junk and bringing it with me....so i have quite a collection of boxes filled with who knows what

val said...

JoJo, the house is 105 years old.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake