View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What we do to keep cool


I made a great sacrifice today. In order to keep cool, I went to the air-conditioned comfort of the Bluewater Shopping Centre, the biggest shopping centre in Europe (till they build the next one). Guess what? The air-conditioning was having real trouble keeping up with the heat and humidity. I spent lots of money. When I got out of my car at home, the reality of the heat nearly knocked me off my feet.

Still, I did really well. A thingy to plug my ipod into to play out loud; a dress for the reunion; a reversible skirt (leopard print and floral); a memory card for my camera and tapes for my digital video recorder (for Canada); and the latest Terry Pratchett book.

If you've never read Terry Pratchett, you are seriously missing out. It's Sci-fi with a comic twist, set in the Discworld. Just like Earth only different. Start at the beginning with the wizard Rincewind and The Luggage (made of sapient pearwood - you would seriously not like to meet this trunk on a dark night) and continue with Sam Vimes of The Watch.

3 comments:

JoJo said...

If you think this mall is big, wait till your family takes you to the West Edmonton Mall. I have never been, but I watched a documentary about it. It's absolutely HUGE!

Still, good haul on your shopping trip! You must be getting very excited for your trip to Canada!!

ann said...

well my mother went to Brent X and that was cool and I found Tesco's pretty cold too... in the a/c'ed office tomorrow. glad you had a great spending spree... when exactly are you off?

eliza said...

I envy you the luxury of a shopping centre.I have to go into oxford tomorrow,which is like walking round an oven,and the words of Valentino stay uppermost in my mind,thanks to the huge amount of students and tourists :D

eliza xxxxx

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake