View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Shaggy Bunny Story

I used to sing with a lovely couple, Sandra and Paul. One evening at a rehearsal, Sandra told me about a phone call she had from someone who wanted to talk to Paul - a financial advisor or something, someone who didn't really know him.

"I'm sorry," said Sandra, "he can't come to the phone at the moment. He's removing the rabbit's eye."

From the clunking great silence at the other end of the line, Sandra knew she'd said something wrong. With a loud clattering of pennies dropping, she added, "It's all right - he is a vet!"

(For those who wonder even so why he was performing this operation, the rabbit had a recurring tooth abscess, and apparently the roots of rabbit teeth are so near the eye that the only permanent solution can be to remove the eye.)

3 comments:

JoJo said...

Aw, wittle bunny so cute! Is this the rabbit on which the surgery was performed?

Jane said...

I would love to have a rabbit.....Don't think my cat's would go for it though!

val said...

I'm quite sure my cats would go for it, Tess!

No JoJo, I got this picture off Google. The whole thing emerged because her daughter was sitting there drawing the rabbit with only one eye. Having a one-eyed cat, I was interested straight away.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake