View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Friday, July 28, 2006

Reunion



Had a great meal at the brasserie at the Oxo tower, not actually in the tower restaurant itself, which is apparently the same food at twice the price. There was a verandah overlooking the Thames, but we sat just inside - a beautiful cool breeze from the open door next to the table, but no soakings from the rain that was falling at one point.

My old friends are certainly well-travelled, but one of them still has a lot of her old prejudices. Still, it was refreshing to have a good argument with someone over sensitive issues. Most people these days are too PC to express some of the things you know they are feeling, and a lot of folks are too bland to even have opinions they haven't culled from someone or somewhere else.

JoJo, Oxo is a brand of stock cube. I don't know if anyone was named after that, but the tower is named after it. Don't know what the connexion is, but the windows look like the logo of the foodstuff. I've never been on the London Eye (scared of heights - how am I going to fly?)

Sparrow fart means very early in the morning. Isn't it great? Start spreading it in the US, please!

4 comments:

ann said...

glad you had a great evening... I've never been there... also never heard that expression before

JoJo said...

You guys have the best expressions over there! Glad you had a good time w/ your friends. The tower looks cool w/ the OXO on it. Over here I think it's a brand of cooking utensils. But Oxo was a one-hit wonder band that did a song called "Whirly Girl" in 1983. I have the 45.

No way you'll get me on the Eye either! I too hate to fly, but not because of heights. Thank god for tranquilizers!!

JoJo said...

PS - I saw your comment on one of the other blogs (daydreambeliever) about sucking on his lolly..... you are "en fuego" today! ;-)

lisa said...

What a great day for you, Val! I would love to come to your shores and go on The Eye or anything else.

And I love the 'Sparrow Fart' saying and I will spread it! (Even though this is Nashville, so the majority of people will have NO CLUE!)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake