View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, April 30, 2006

Green Funerals

I just got a book about natural death and green funerals. (I'm rewriting my will prior to going off on a long haul flight in the summer.)

It's amazing how many green burial sites there are in the UK. There are two in my immediate area, and one in the next borough. Here's the problem.

Site 1 is just up the road. It's been closed for ordinary burials for years. Its inhabitants are strangers to me.

Site 2 is where my maternal grandparents are buried. The only grandparent I knew was my mum's dad. The others died before I was born. I loved him very much, we had a close bond.

Site 3 costs four times as much as the others, but it's where my paternal grandfather is buried. His wife is on the other side of London in a churchyard, so he is alone. I'm tempted to opt for this one to keep him company.

Which one should I choose?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake