View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, June 06, 2009

Ed Wood

All that time waiting for Vincent's part, and then it's over in a flash (no, sadly, not that sort of flash).



I loved this film. I thought it was absolutely hilarious, the more so for being true. I just resent that they didn't give Vincent time to develop his own Wellesian voice, and dubbed over him instead.

Incidentally, when listening to Desert Island Discs the other week, I heard Peter Sallis (the voice of Wallace in Wallace and Gromit) say he knew Welles well (er...could have put that better) and worked with him for some time. I thought it was interesting, anyway.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the movie too, but shamefully, I haven't seen it since it was in the cinema....I really must rectify this!

Eliza said...

I wouldn't say I love it, but I do like it :-)

I do hate that they dubbed his voice though.

Wonder what peter Sallis would make of 'Five Minutes'

Jane said...

This is probably the only Tim Burton film I like. Just wish Vincent had been in it more.

SnarkAngel said...

Even with the voice dubbed, I thought Vincent delivered an exceptional performance. He really should stop beating himself up over it.

havers said...

I saw that film years ago in English and understand nothing...

...and yes Val you're so right waited for Vincent the whole time.

jazzy said...

there is someting around the scene... i don't know what; just like it.

fuzzytweetie said...

Well, we just have to wonder how well he "knew" Welles.

I don't think his voice should have been dubbed. After all, VDO could have dubbed his own voice in the post-production days. Who knows what Burton was thinking??

Mr. D should stop beating himself up, after all, "Five Minutes..." is a true masterpiece and homage.

Man, I'm getting verbose!

Anonymous said...

Great VDO......


___________________

Vince

HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake