View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mephisto Magic

Now that I can no longer get my favourite Merrell Belluna sandals (if I love something, it gets discontinued) I have had to find an alternative. There has to be room to put a couple of glued-together foam wedges under my left heel, so either a firm stretch (like the Merrell) or an adjustable strap is vital. They have to have toe-posts so my feet don't slide through.

Mephisto started making Helen before my lovely Merrells disappeared, and I got them in navy, black, vivid pink and beige suede-style finish over a couple of years. Last year I added a patent finish pale pinky-lilac. When I found the actual Mephisto shop last autumn, I found they had a patent leopard print, but I'd just spent a fortune on a pair of their shoes.

Today I returned. I resisted all these colours, and the gold and bronze not pictured. I was tempted by the suede leopard they now have, but stuck with the patent. And silver. And dark purple suede.

If I had my time again, I'd overbuy the Merrells so I would never run out of them. I won't make the same mistake with the Mephistos.

2 comments:

jazzy said...

i'm a "high heels person". which ruins my feet one day.

Eliza said...

They look pretty comfortable to me..and you know I'm a trainer girl through and through :-)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake