View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A short walk in the country

When our mutual friend Lesley died in January, Jenny and I vowed to keep in touch. We've known each other since we were 11 (that's 45 years, folks!) so there's a good precendent.

Jen lives in East Grinstead in Surrey these days, and it's a couple of train rides away (or a trip round the dreaded M25 motorway, Europe's biggest car park). I've never actually been there before, so I was pleasantly surprised at how old some of the High Street was. We were so busy talking I forgot to take a picture, so I borrowed this from Google.


Jen wouldn't look up for the camera.

We had lunch at a pub by a lake. These darling ducks popped over to keep us company. I have no idea what sort they are.
We had a huge meal, so it seemed like a good idea to take Jen's two rescue greyhounds, Millie and Woody, out for a walk.


About 7,000 miles later we got back to her house. Every muscle in my body from the waist down and the shoulders up aches. I had to console myself with chocolate. I expect no net benefit from the walk.

8 comments:

jazzy said...

Surrey, greyhounds, pubs, chocolate ... you girls live my dream!

MYM said...

Wow, 7000 miles eh? LOL

Love the duckie photos...I love duckies! And the dogs are adorable. Kudos to your friend for taking them in.

Now go have some more chocolate. I insist.

SnarkAngel said...

My advice: console your aches and pains with a heavy dose of D'Onofrio (feel free to double or triple the dose, as needed). Glad to hear you and Jen are keeping in touch!

Eliza said...

So glad you and Jen are staying in touch :-)

I'm afraid I missed the rest of your post because I saw the greyhounds and my heart melted. I love greyhounds and consider myself privileged to be the adopted sister of one..long story.Isn't it funny how they aren't supposed to like much exercise but can walk for miles if given the chance?

Chocolate, hot bath and VDO is an effective cure I find

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me, typing gibberish again. What I was trying to say was, if it makes you feel any better, I went for an emormously long bike ride the other day. What was the first thing I dived into when I got home? Yep, some chocolate. One needs to keep one's strength up dear ;0)

bellygirl said...

aww, i so love greyhounds.... looks like you had a lovely day:)

Anonymous said...

Now go have some more chocolate.

___________________

Vince

For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake