View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Third Man

I heard on the radio this morning that The Third Man is 60 years old.

Just in case
anyone reading this has never seen Vincent's great performance as Orson Welles finding inspiration during the final minutes before the filming of the Cuckoo Clock scene, it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-4PPr3r_r0

I was going to post a few pictures as well, but I've misplaced my album, and when I went to use some of Eliza's they wouldn't load. So we'll have to make do with these shots of Vincent at the Venice Film Festival where it was shown in 2005.










(Pictures found on TheReel uncredited.)

9 comments:

TJara said...

I really love the second picture!!

Jane said...

The Third Man is a Great film, although Citizen Kane is my all time favorite.

I'd forgotten about the Venice film festival...Thanks Val :)

jazzy said...

About 10yrs ago I thought to myself, Vince looks a bit like the "young" Orson. And when I saw him in Ed Wood, I got one of those great "VDO-moments". Five Minutes, Mr. Welles just blew my mind!

mauigirl said...

HAHAHAHA, I just posted something about this flick on Eliza's site. I should have waited to post here, since this is clearly where it belongs. Oh well. Great flick, even though it stars Orson and NOT Vincent.

Eliza said...

you know, there is a big gap in my film viewing, in that I've never actually seen 'The Third Man'. I meant to get it after I saw 'Five Minutes Mr Welles', but never got round to it..Amazon here I come :-)

Anonymous said...

I BOUGHT 'The Third Man' so that I could better understand what '5 minutes' was all about :0)

Anonymous said...

He looks surprised in the first picture, like the photographer caught him unawares.

I got the soundtrack to the Third Man in all its zither-ness. It made me want to learn the zither.

SnarkAngel said...

The first picture of him makes me swoon!

Anonymous said...

Nice pic.........
thank u for sharing....

___________________

Vince

For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake