View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, April 15, 2009

It started with Eliza

Eliza noticed this in the Radio Times this week (sorry to steal your glory, Eliza).

When my copy arrived in the post a whole day later than it went on sale in the shops (proving how worthwhile it is to pay a subscription in advance) I noticed, a few pages on, the following blurb about the episode they have made one of their Choices of the Day:

It's rare for the Law & Order franchise to explore the back stories of its leads, so this seventh series opener in which Eames (Kathryn Erbe) probes the case of her husband's killing makes for a refreshing change. Giving Erbe a meaty plotline to get stuck into also means that tonight she's more than a match for her super-intense partner Goren (Vincent D'Onofrio), which is no mean feat when you consider D'Onofrio's tendency not so much to chew scenery as swallow it whole.

I'm not quite sure what that means, but it sounds like compliments all round to me.

12 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Great tidbits! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Since I am clearly traumatised by the wait for Season 8 to begin, it took me a while to remember that Vincent has been on the 'split-shift' system since Season 5, so it's hardly 'news' to him now, but obviously it is to the Radio Times ;0)

However, since ANYTHING at all about Vincent on this side of the pond is as rare as finding fresh dinosaur doo-doo, it's nice to have!

bellygirl said...

love that, "not so much chew scenery, but swallow it whole." sounds like our man:)

Eliza said...

I'm glad you decided to post it..anything like this should be shared with a wider audience :-D

I know it's great that they spoke to him..but I do wish they'd maybe do a bit of research before asking if he was worried about being typecast...just look at his filmography for f***s sake!!

Ok, rant over..sorry

MYM said...

Kewl!

And I love that photo of him. Yum.

sixtwosue said...

Funny, I just used the phrase "scenery chewer" the other day to explain my disdain for Jack Nicholson in "The Departed." I had to translate for a friend who had never heard the expression. Basically, it equals overacting / overly hammy. So ... not so much a compliment.

Jane said...

'A slasher/musical'! I can't wait for that!

jazzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazzy said...

he shot that film in 13 days; soooo it was kind of team 13 project. LOL!

val said...

Oh, no, Sixtwosue, just when I thought he was getting some positive publicity. How dare they?

Anonymous said...

After reading that last line I got an image of Vincent literally eating the scenery. It made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Great tidbits!

Thanks for sharing!

___________________

Vince

For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake