View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, November 17, 2008

My New Toy

I have this problem with the tendons in my wrists. It's a bit like a cross between RSI and tendonitis. Using a butterfly can opener is doing my thumbs in.

Luckily, most tins have a ring-pull opening, but there are some yummy cat food tins that require an opener, so I treated myself to this amazing little gadget:


It's a Culinaire One-Touch Can Opener. You put it on top of the tin, it latches on with a magnet. Press the button, and it chugs its way round the top, then stops when it's done. It lifts the lid straight off. Effort-free.
The best thing is, I tried to buy it a week ago, but they didn't have any in stock. When I went back, they had lots, and they'd reduced them by £3.
I do love a bargain.

11 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Wow! Effortless removal! They should invent something like that for Vincent's clothing ... heh-heh.

val said...

Even when I do a non-Vincent post, you manage to bring him into it!

Anonymous said...

I'm going shopping tomorrow....

Music Wench said...

I need one of those!

Jane said...

Looks for handy!

judith said...

i could do with one of those. where did you get it from?x

ann said...

rachel and daniel bought me and my old ma one recently... I love my new little toy for my one can a week - if that - however, I do have trouble with ring pull tins

now, why didn't I think to write a post about my new can opener... LOL

Eliza said...

I have an electric can opener anyway..but your new gizmo looks better than the one I have.I'll have to have a look for one while I'm out :-)

Laura Cousins said...

Is this the one I have seen advertised where the man is wearing a rug that spins around on the top of his head?

I need to get one of these for a friend who has MS - that is, if she hasn't got one already. Brilliant!

val said...

Lozzie - yes.

Judith - Argos.

JoJo said...

Wow, cool gadget!!! I'm glad to hear it works too.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake