View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, March 20, 2008

Unexpected Treat

Since I now believe there is nothing that is not available on YouTube, I went looking for something of Britain's greatest ever comedy duo - and found the Beatles' guest spot on their show.

It reminded me how good a live group The Beatles were, and how Morecambe and Wise were able to get absolutely ANYBODY on to their show and humiliate them with their full co-operation.



People like Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones, Glenda Jackson and Andre Previn were happy to get the M&W treatment. They even had the entire British male TV newsreader team dancing to and singing "There Is Nothing Like A Dame" in sailor suits. And the foremost female newsreader did a song-and-dance routine with them, revealing the most gorgeous, long shapely legs that were usually hidden behind a news desk. Boy, could she do high kicks!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the sketch when they were making breakfast. Their timing was perfect to what I think was striptease music.

Unknown said...

ok, i'll probably get a ton of flack for this, but sir james paul at 22 is still the best looking man in the history of the world. can you say ADORABLE????
(yes, i know...what about bobby????--i'm such a traitor to the cause--YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!)

BobbyG said...

Thank you for this..."This Boy," "All My Lovin'" and "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." I'm in Beatle heaven. How young they all were with their whole lives ahead of them. This was priceless and to see them sing "Moonlight Bay." What a wonderful treat. Again, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Bobby's Girl here, I'm with you bobbyg, this was a a real treat. I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks so much, Val.

SnarkAngel said...

What a lovely treat, Val! A perfect Beatles "mini concert" and much hilarity! "Bongo." LMAO! And I'm not sure why, but I always thought Ringo was the cutest. Hee. What can I say? I like the "quirky" ones. Gee, like ya didn't know that already . . .

jersey said...

It was wonderful seeing the Beatles again. You know, I was supposed to marry Paul one day! ;)

Good thing I didn't, because my heart belongs to Vincent now!

Eliza said...

I tried to comment on this last night but my computer froze :-(

Obviously I'm much to young to remember this but it was a treat all the same!!

I still like catching re-runs of M&W,and they still make me laugh

Laura Cousins said...

There are three things in this world guaranteed to make me smile - Vincent (of course), Morecombe and Wise, and The Beatles.

I still miss John Lennon, even now. :(

The Beatles worked for donkey's years as a live band before Brian Epstein discovered them - that's why they were such a great live band, I guess. It's lovely to just hear them without the sound being drowned out by screams.

I wonder if I would scream like that if I ever met VDO?

Anonymous said...

Other than the 2 Ronnies brilliant 'Four Candles' sketch, just about my favourite ever is Morecambe and Wise with 'Mr Preview' (Andre Previn) and the best lines ever in the history of the world; 'I'm playing all the right notes....' says Eric Morecambe of his piano playing '...but not necessarily in the right order' It still makes me laugh to the point I need dry underwear!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake