View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two Soups

Over on Pabulum Ad Nauseam, I posted some Victoria Wood I found on YouTube (for my US friends, she is a British comedian who also writes comedy sketches and programmes, and is a talented musician). I bemoaned the fact that the only copy of the Two Soups sketch on YouTube was filmed from the TV screen and was unwatchable.

It features Julie Walters, well known as a film actress, from the original Educating Rita to the Harry Potter films. She is a very attractive woman, but does a great line in hunched up old ladies.

I discovered that over the weekend UKTV Gold was showing some Victoria Wood, and watched it for ages hoping they would show the sketch. Then up it popped. By the magic of Sky+, even though I started recording just after the sketch began, I ended up with most of the preceding half-hour of the show. I thought I'd post the sketch here as the audience is a bit bigger, and I think you all deserve to enjoy it.

So here it is in all its glory. Wear a pantie liner, 'cos there's a good chance you'll pee yourself.

7 comments:

BobbyG said...

Cute sketch. I love Julie Walters and "Educating Rita" is one of my all time fave movies.

Laura Cousins said...

It is one of my all-time wishes to see Vincent and Julie work together again, and I think Victoria Wood might have to be the one to write the sketch.

Eliza said...

Thank you for that reminder of just how good Julie Walters is...wonderful :-)

SnarkAngel said...

I did pee myself! But don't worry, Val. I did it over at Pabulum . . . not here. Hee.

Anonymous said...

Next you need to find an 'episode' of 'Acorn Antiques' featuring the wonderful Julie Walters as Mrs Overall!

judith said...

just loved that. when husband and i first saw it on tv. we were'nt expecting her to swear and when she did we just fell into a heap.so,so funny. thankyou.

SnarkAngel said...

Diane, Val did post an Acorn Antiques snippet over at:

http://pabulumadnauseam.blogspot.com/

Very funny stuff . . .

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake