View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Recycling

I do as much recycling as I can, though I really wish they'd stop putting so much packaging on things in the first place.

NBC also recycles a lot, as we've noticed in the past, but last night's L&O episode from Season 5 on Hallmark showed an example that even surprised me.

Firstly we had Nelda in another guise.


She was still the perp, still crazy, but this time she had multiple personality disorder. She'd killed her psychiatrist, it turns out because the woman convinced her she had seen her father kill her mother, and that had caused her personality to fragment.

Then we had one of her previous psychiatrists, Dr Charles Webb.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Except it wasn't Michael Gross, but some much younger man with hair (lots of it and brown).

Really, NBC, don't you think we notice these things? Are you really so hard up for names for your characters and actors to play them, that you have to go in for this shameful stretching of our powers of suspension of disbelief? Or do you just have favourites you like to trot out, and associates you like to flatter by using their names ad nauseam?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Val, I watched last night's Law & Order episode and thought the same as you. But I suppose it can be fun trying to remember who, what, where, when.

val said...

You're right, Holly. It makes you feel superior, doesn't it? "Look what I noticed, aren't I clever?"

JoJo said...

Huh? I'm not sure I understand what happened.

Anonymous said...

julie....

I am with JoJo. I am lost as well.

Jane said...

Law and Order have a kind of "pool of actors" that recur in different roles from time to time-take the woman whom played Silvia Moon in "Art" she reappeared as Kelly La Blanc in "Prisoner" I have seen the Actress whom played Nelda in a CSI Miami episode also and Law and Order as a woman whom gave up her child so she became psycho ( not sure if it is the same eppy).

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the answer Janey - you beat me to it. Yes, you get the same actors popping up time and time again. I just try to guess where I've seen them before.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake