View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Double Birthday

When I got Jaspa and Amber, I estimated that Jaspa was probably a week or so older than Amber, so I gave them birthdays a week apart. This made Amber's birthday the same as mine.

Unlike Jaspa, Amber has not fared well in her 18 years. As a naughtie tortie, she has been pretty grumpy, and has devoured every morsel of food she could find. She was overweight until old age, when thyroid and kidney problems led to considerable weight loss and poor condition. She rarely grooms any part of herself (even busier sleeping than the average cat) and she won't let me do it for her, so her coat is matted and lumpy, unlike this photo of a few years ago Nevertheless, she loves life (and food, still) and her face is as cute and pretty as it ever was.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

Happy Birthday Amber..and Val :-D

She's a beautiful looking cat and deserves a few treats for making it this far I think

val said...

It's prawns tonight...all round, of course!

judith said...

Happy birthday Amber and Val. May you both have many more.

vikeau said...

Happy Birthday to both of you. Enjoy it to the fullest.

Jane said...

Happy Birthday Val! And my 6 babies wish Amber a Happy Birthday too :)

JoJo said...

Happy birthday to all of you!!! I apologize for not making a card for ya. It's funny but I seemed to have more time when I was working than I do now that I'm not.

Sandy said...

My birthday wishes to you also, Val and Kitty....She is pretty old, but her colors are very pretty!

Ruby said...

What a beauty, Val! Happy Birthday to ALL of you!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake