View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Where did Thursday go?

As they get older (they are now 15) Beano (at the back) and Dandy (front right) are harder to get in at night. They are due for their boosters, but it has been impossible for me to make an appointment because I can't be sure they'll be there i the morning for me to put them in their baskets and whisk them off to the vet.

Well, this morning the opportunity arose. Even before I had breakfast I had lugged their large bodies into the vet's and had them sorted.



Back at home, as I finished my breakfast, dentist number 2 phoned to offer to fit me in for a start to my treatment. As I'd already paid a deposit to dentist number 3, I refused, but soon phoned back and accepted.

Suddenly my leisurely trip to the hospital school to sort out my opting back in to teachers' pension scheme was a rush. (That screw up is aother story!)

When I got back on home turf, I managed to get my deposit back from dentist 3, and started treatment with dentist 2. He started to drill out my tooth, where he found a crack across the base that couldn't be seen on x-rays. He's started the root canal filling and lanced the infected area of gum. I have no idea what it's going to feel like when the anaesthetic wears off, but I have to eat on the other side for about 3 weeks till the next phase of treatment - if I forget and bust the tooth altogether, it's curtains!

8 comments:

Jane said...

3 weeks?! Maybe a soft diet of soup and yogurt is in order :(

Hi Kitties!

JoJo said...

Oh man Val I feel your tooth pain! I agree w/ Tess on the soft food thing.

mauigirl said...

Oh Val! Soup, yogurt, mashed potatoes, applesauce, probably no ice cream as it's too cold. :(((

Music Wench said...

I also think soft food is in order. Glad you got in to see a dentist at least.

vikeau said...

Have they got the infection under control. I just hope the pain has subsided. And yes soft food are the way to go.

Ruby said...

Poor Val! At least you got to see a dentist, thank Goodness!! I've had varying luck with pain from a root canal, but I can't emphasize it enough: LOTS and LOTS of Bobby! I couldn't have made it through my last root canal without him! He was the only thing that could get my mind off the tooth. BTW, your kitties are beautiful!! We just took in two of ours this week for their annual visits, too.

bobbybegood1 said...

Also scrambled eggs, grits, oatmeal, and ice cream. With the ice cream though you have to be very careful. Cheers!!

bobbybegood1 said...

Oh, yeah, I dig those felines. Wonderful pic. Cheers Val!!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake