View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, October 03, 2011

Trans-Atlantic Vixen Fest

This week the UK Vixens have reconvened to welcome US Vixen Mauigirl (centre) to London. She is staying with her husband, who is here for business, in a flat belinging to his company.

Ann, Diane and Eliza met up with her at lunchtime, and I joined them in the late afternoon, today being a working day.

Topics of conversation were many and varied (yet strangely all with a Vincent theme), with special reference to The Whole Wide World and Robert E. Howard. There was a general consensus that Vincent would be delighted if he knew that his portrayal of the troubled writer hard sparked such interest in the author and his works.

Of course, there was plenty more light-hearted talk, much of it involving things we would like to enjoy in the company of our favourite actor. We'll leave the details to your fertile imaginations.

Maui's husband came home just in time to take a photo to commemorate the occasion.

More jollies later in the week.

11 comments:

JoJo said...

PERFECT!!!! I'm SO glad you guys got a chance to meet up with Randi! You all look fantastic. That's a classic photo.

Bev said...

OMG, you guys, I love this. I think it's so fantastic that you were able to do this. Thanks for sharing.

Jane said...

Hi Everybody!!! Val, I missed talking on the phone with you today...But it was wonderful to talk to the rest of the gang :)

Music Wench said...

Oh how wonderful!!! Makes me want to go to England. It was my favorite stop on my tour of Europe eons ago in another life. Thanks for sharing with us! :-)

bellygirl said...

so happy you ladies get to do this! hoping to meet susan again this dec for our bdays. ((hugs)) ~kris

Eliza said...

It was a wonderful day..it always is, but yesterday was extra special because we had Randi there and we had Tess there too in a way :-D

ann said...

... it really was a fantastic day - everyone is so lovely :-)

vikeau said...

Great pic--so cool that VDO has spawned international harmony,understanding and good times of course. Enjoy your trip mauigirl.

Anonymous said...

Clearly I need to get my legs in the sun a bit more next year, but I'd like to thank my V-Sisters for a lovely day in the sunshine and MR Mauigirl for taking only the 3rd picture ever of me that I actually LIKE - the other 2 being taken by Tess on a street in NYC in 2006 and Ruby (unknowingly!) in 2010 at a certain Joe's Pub :0)

sixtwosue said...

What fun! My husband gets to go to exotic places like Syracuse and stay in the Marriott, so I opt for home. Lucky Mauigirl! Glad you ladies had a meet-up and some wonderful conversation.

bobbybegood1 said...

Ah, you guys look great! I agree with JoJo - CLASSIC pic. Cheers Val, Eliza, Diane, Mauigirl and Ann!! Did I miss anybody?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake