View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, May 04, 2011

A Literary Vixen

Those of you who are a little newer to VDO-land than others may not know about our Wendy, pen name Portia Da Costa, a British writer of erotic romances. She fell like the rest of us for the delicious Det Goren, and wrote a book featuring a character based on him:



It is EXTREMELY sexy and very well-written. And it is still on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Entertaining-Mr-Stone-Black-Lace/dp/0352340290

I think it's also available as an e-book.

Wendy/Portia followed up her success with Suite Seventeen, which also has Mr Stone in, but the hero of the book is the incredibly sexy Valentino. No prizes for guessing where the inspiration for him came from! Though I do take credit for his lipstick, as I mentioned while Wendy was writing it that they'd used a strange orangey lipstick on Vincent when he was under-the-weather during Season 4.



It too is available from Amazon or on download:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Suite-Seventeen-Black-Portia-Costa/dp/0352341092

There are a couple of other short stories by Wendy inspired by our man. And unlike fanfiction, it's quality asured from a real published author!

You can look at her other literary achievements on her website, http://wendyportia.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

mauigirl said...

This is one of my all-time favorite books. If you've not read it, go GET IT!!

Is it available as an eBook? I'll check the links because I would love it on my Kindle. There are just certain passages I must read from time to time. :D

val said...

Not in public though, surely, Maui? How would you handle the - er- moistness?

Ruby said...

How cool! I didn't know this!! I'll have to look for them!

Portia Da Costa said...

Glad you're still enjoying Mr Stone and Valentino, guys! I loved writing those characters. It was a wonderful way to be able to express how inspiring Vincent is. :)

Not sure if the books are available as ebooks. The publisher does have the e-rights, but that line isn't published any more so they're not really doing anything with them. I'll make an announcement on my blog if they should appear.

Although I've been writing heroes inspired by other actors since EMS and S17, I'm just about to sign the contract on a novella with a hero who is very much Vincent inspired. It'll probably be out next year, and I'll keep everyone posted via my blog and Twitter.

Thanks again, Val, for your kind words about my writing. Does my heart good to know my work is enjoyed. :)

Miex said...

I will definitely have a look for the book :)

Music Wench said...

Thanks for the heads up on this! I would definitely like to read that.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake