View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, July 05, 2010

It Pays to be a Pain

Well, I went and had a rant at Comet today. At first the store manager couldn't be bothered to come out to me, and I had to see the Customer Service assistant.

For some reason, he was unapologetic - I didn't deserve an apology because of my "attitude". Of course, that attitude was nothing to do with them and their incompetence - I should just have come in and been nice. So I had him send for the manager, who then discovered that he's actually already had my email to his Head Office to deal with, and was a lot more accommodating.

So the deal - dictated by me - was the internet price including the 5% discount, all the free bells and whistles from before, and a date and time to suit me.

They agreed, though they say that they cannot guarantee the delivery time - their afternoon slot goes from 2pm - so I have had them mark up the docket as "not home before 4pm". If it actually arrives - Result!

If not, back to the drawing board.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Amazing how fast people move when you get the suits involved. ::crossing my fingers:: Here's hoping your skinny stainless steel beauty arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

Well that sounds a lot better Val.
Hope it all finally comes together.

SnarkAngel said...

Hope it all works out SOON, Val!

Ruby said...

Fingers crossed for you, Val!

MYM said...

Yous a bad azz.

JoJo said...

You absolutely have to be your own advocate these days. Good job Val!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's all coming together nicely.

Per your comment on my blog: Jane Eyre first editions can cost in the high end of hundreds of thousands of dollars. I wish I could get one, but the only way is if I get two high-paying jobs...or sell my firstborn child to the devil.

Eliza said...

Glad you had the bottle to tell them what YOU wanted, and didn't accept what THEY wanted..now I keep my fingers crossed that it all works out

Frances said...

Well done, Val.

Cross fingers it fits perfectly when it arrives.

Good luck.

Frances said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frances said...

The deleted comment was mine ... it double-dipped. lol.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake