View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hey ho, been to the (Art Deco) Fair

Yes, folks, it's that time again, time for the May Art Deco fair at Eltham Palace.

And these are the items I snaffled this time.

The small pink cat's head brooch is a Lea Stein, a rare and unusual smaller size. Though not strictly Art Deco (actually, not really Deco at all, but some of his pieces are very Deco-like) they are extremely attractive, and yes I did mean "he" - still alive (just) and working in Paris, apparently Lea Stein is a Mr.

The shorter necklace is made of Venetian glass beads, and is an original, though it has been restrung.

The pinkish purple long necklace is also original Deco, and is also made of glass beads. It is very heavy.

If you click on the picture it gets HUGE.

In the Palace gift shop I bought some newly-arrived ginger wine, and have just had a glass chilled and mixed with fresh orange juice. I can thoroughly recommend the combination.

5 comments:

judith said...

cheers val. enjoy the wine.!!

SnarkAngel said...

The jewelry is lovely ... so when do we get some pics of you wearing them? Your suggestion of ginger wine and O.J. is making me thirsty ...

Eliza said...

I like the brooch and the larger necklace, but I think my favourite would be the smaller one. The colours are wonderful and it's such an individual piece..perfect for you :-D

Ginger wine and orange juice..I'll take your word that it's good

val said...

Snarkangel - never!

JoJo said...

Beautiful stuff Val! Great scores!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake