View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, May 30, 2009

Guess Who?

I don't know how many of the revelations about our MPs' fiddling of their expenses have reached elsewhere in the world.

One former minister, Elliott Morley, MP for Scunthorpe, has been exposed as having received £16,000 for a mortgage that had already been paid off.

In my youth there was a TV advert which went, "Who put the T(ea) in Britain? Guess who?

Typhoo!"

There grew up an alternative jingle which went, "Who put the 'cunt' in Scunthorpe?" but there was no answer till now:

Guess who? The voters.

5 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Very timely ... especially since "teabagging" is now a term used to describe ultra right-wing douchebags here in the states! LOL

Eliza said...

:-D

Sick to death of politicians...our supposedly honourable mps who have not one idea of how people cope in the real world

BASRIC said...

I'm sorry, but it makes me feel better that in other countries most of the politicians are crooks too.

Anonymous said...

Time to lop off a few hands methinks!!

ann said...

who can we trust? what a sad bad world and in my innocence, I thought this country was better than the rest... huh!

val, I'd like you to check out this blog www.vodkabearsandelephants.blogspot.com

my friends' daughter and son-in-law are working for Kiev zoo

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake