View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, May 28, 2009

Animals in Action

At London Zoo they have an amphitheatre where they show animals performing natural behaviours. But, of course, they have to be trained to perform at the appropriate time.

After today's show, which incuded skunks, green-wing macaws and a burrowing owl, the keepers invited those who wished, to stay behind and watch some training in process.

These are the darlings we saw being given target and clicker training with food treats:



These little 11-week-old meerkats were rejected by their mother and have been raised by the keepers, so they are already very attached to their humans. I think it's mutual.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this heron perched precariously on a roof top, each foot gripping a very pointy ridge tile.

Outside the gift shop they've installed an animated model dinosaur skeleton to advertise the film Night At The Museum 2.


You could tell from some distance when it did its stuff, by the sound of children screaming.

9 comments:

ann said...

I'm rather fond of meerkats - do you ever watch meerkat manor - I appreciate vincent's not in it ;>)

SnarkAngel said...

Cute meerkats and screaming children!! Sounds like a delightful afternoon, Val! LOL

Jane said...

In my next life I want to come back as a heron!

Eliza said...

Not sure about the dinosaur, but the baby meerkats are adorable :-)

jazzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jazzy said...

your photographs of the meerkats are wonderful. it's not easy to "catch" playing animals with camera, but you did it very well!

val said...

I have watched the series, Ann - I think they're all repeats now?

As for that advert, "Compare the Meerkkat/Market dot com" - it drives me mad, and now the meerkat enclosure is surrounded by people singing the jingle!

ann said...

val, I think that ad rocks - I <3 it! LOL

Anonymous said...

Good comments.....


___________________

Vince

HD DVR Receiver Upgrade

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake