View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Full Moon


Anyone who teaches massed children will know that they are definitely affected by nature phenomena - rain, wind, and - the full moon.

There wa a full moon yesterday. My class (usually so well-behaved) were a bit bonkers. Two children hit others in the face. Another pair who spend life winding one another up managed to wind up staff instead.

Now today I did some teaching at my other regular place. I discovered that they'd had a memorable day, too, with an autistic boy flipping out, throwing stuff around, then vandalising some cars.

You parents out there, please tranquillise your children when there's a full moon!

7 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

I understand, my dear! Try bartending to a room full of drunks during a full moon! No piece of cake there, either! LOL

JoJo said...

If I may extend that request for tranquilization to MY CLIENTS. lol I was wondering why I was having such a supremely awful week, then I saw the full moon early this a.m. as I left for work.

The human body is made of mostly water, so the full moon has to have an effect on us just as it does the tides.

jazzy said...

today a 17 yrs old pupil runs amok at a german high school (near stuttgart). he shot 16 people (class mates, teachers and himself). his reason is unknown yet.

Jane said...

My brother (who is 52) Swears that his mood changes during a full moon..

ps...I am sickened by what happened in Germany. Sadly, we're almost used to it over here.

Eliza said...

That would probably explain why my kids were annoying each other so much...unfortuantely they're a bit big to tranquilize..unless I slip something into their food LOL

SnarkAngel said...

Jazzy, I was shocked to hear about the tragedy in Germany ... and only one day after a similar incident happned in Alabama.

jazzy said...

what happened in alabama was a shock, too. and i wonder about the parents of those teenagers. i mean you MUST notice when your kid feels depressed and desperated.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake