View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shopping

Today I decided to try out the new Westfield Shopping Centre in west London. I took the Tube to Shepherds Bush. Sounds pleasantly rural and green, doesn't it? It isn't. If you spelled the name out, you'd get something like:

Shit
Horrendous
Execrable
Pathetic
Horrific
Emetic
Revolting
Dire
Sick

Butt-
Ugly
Sad
Hateful

However, the shopping centre is clean and bright. And Clinical. The signage is appalling - you can't see the sign for the toilets until you are standing two inches away from it. If the end of the toilet roll disappears inside the holder, it's impossible to get it back out again. (I spend a lot of time looking for and using toilets when I'm out.)

However, there was one store that caught my attention:



Sadly, it sells kids' stuff, not hunky actors. Still, I had a few happy thoughts, and of course I just had to get a picture to share with you.

After all, this blog is called Life and Vincent.

7 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Excellent pic, Val! Reminds me of the time I passed a new condo development on Fullerton Avenue here in Chicago. The name of the new building was "The Vincent." I still kick myself for not getting a really good photo of it with that sign in front!

Jane said...

Oh My....

jazzy said...

whatever that store sells, i would buy it.

there is a "Vincent Church" in my neighborhood. i'm thinking (JUST thinking) about to join a service.

Eliza said...

:-D

Wouldn't you like to get hold of that window display when they finish with it....if I could think of a legitimate excuse for having it in the house

Anonymous said...

I went to a gig at the Sheperd's Bush empire once *shudders* and I stayed in a hotel called 'Vincent' in France. Shame the sign was rather large and on the roof, or I might have been sorely tempted ;0)

JoJo said...

I love it!!!! So what is it about Shepherd's Bush that makes it so revolting?

val said...

JoJo, how long have you got?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake