View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, February 19, 2009

JoJo asked...

...what's wrong with Shepherds Bush. Not surprisingly, there aren't many pictures on the internet.

This is the tasteful building that houses the post office.


This is what you see on arriving at the railway station.
This is the new tube station as it was nearing completion, in an effort to make it more in keeping with the posh new shopping centre.


And here's the characterful little building it replaced.

I'll spare you pictures of the new Westfield shopping centre. If you really want to see it, I'll leave you to Google it. It has almost as much character as the new tube station.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm crushed you didn't find a picture of the 'famous' Shepherd's Bush Empire ;0)

SnarkAngel said...

It all reminds me of the hilarious scene in "Absolutely Fabulous" wherein Eddy is adamant that her home is in Holland Park and NOT Shepherd's Bush!

Eliza said...

Coming in to London on the coach doesn't show you the nicest scenery in the world either.

why, exactly, do they need a new tube station? just cos it'll be new or is there somethng wrong with the old one, beyond that fact that it looks 'nice'

val said...

I did, Diane, but it's not quite seamy enough for the Shepherds Bush I was striving to represent.

Pretentious or what?

JoJo said...

Um, Ew. Kinda reminds me of the Bronx.

Anonymous said...

Good reporting....

___________________

Vince

UR choice movie at your place

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake