View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, February 21, 2009

Serve Her Right!

My friend was visiting last night. After checking out some Lolcats, we watched Purgatory. Then I gave her a choice - Vanishing Act or The Subway. I didn't really want to show her The Subway, 'cos it upsets me so much to watch it. "You know it's only acting," she said.

Well, that was that. The Subway it was.


(Thanks to Eliza for the picture)

I was too busy crying to see if she was too, but I think I saw her hand go to her eyes once or twice. She's not much of a crier, but...

Afterwards, she said she could remember seeing it before, but only remembered it as a two-hander between Vincent and Andre Braugher. She had no recollection of the other bits.

It was only after she'd gone that I remembered showing her the documentary about the making of the episode, so I guess that's what she was remembering.

She was going home by train. I wonder if she was wary of going too close to the edge of the platform?

7 comments:

BASRIC said...

Hard to watch show. I need an entire box of tissues myself and plan on a headache after.

SnarkAngel said...

Yes, Val. It is one of those programs that I can watch about once a year, at best. After viewing it, I am utterly drained. But Vincent and Andre are so mesmerizing it deserves being revisited once in a while.

Eliza said...

This is why it took me so long to actually go on the tube....I visit London so rarely that between my first ever visit and coming down to see you I'd watched this..put me right off trains for ages.

In a strange way this is a favourite because the acting is so brilliant...but I haven't watched it since I capped it cos it takes me ages to get over it :-(

jazzy said...

the subway is a further proof of how talented in acting he is. he played his role so incredible good! almost too good!

Anonymous said...

I've watched this twice, once to screencap - and wept helplessly both times.

JoJo said...

Never seen this episode and even though he looks adorable, I don't need anything to set me off crying these days!!!

Anonymous said...

Like to see better once...

___________________

Vince

UR choice movie at your place

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake