View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Madi

OK, I don't know if you've been over to Madi's blog today, but it turns out that Bryde hit it on the head with the first line of her reply. Madi April Fooled us.

She is REALLY embarrassed now, as she didn't think anyone would be fooled, and everyone has been so concerned. She phoned me last night full of remorse. It also seemed as if the joke was on her, because the man with the cleaning job was supposed to phone her about arrangements for today, and at the time we spoke she had neither heard from him, nor been able to reach him.

Boy, what a wacky sense of humour that Madi has!

4 comments:

JoJo said...

When I told Brian about the emails and blog comments zinging around the globe yesterday, and then how I got your email saying she felt guilty for the joke, he busted up laughing so hard.

Madi got us good, didn't she????

Anonymous said...

Val, I'm sorry but I'm not laughing and I think I've got a good sense of humour.

I fail to see what is funny in needlessly worrying people who have been good to her.

I was worried sick! Her piece of fiction was well within the realms of possibility... it was a sick trick!

JoJo said...

I admit, I was worried sick too.

I don't think Madi expected the joke to take on such a life of its own. Maybe if she was still in Spain and said something like that, we'd have realized it was a prank. But given her struggles since she got to the UK, it was totally possible that this man made such a proposition so she could stay.

See, this is why I hate April Fools Day. I don't like to play pranks and I don't like them played on me.

Anonymous said...

I have to confess, I DID wonder to begin with if if was an April Fool, but having an email saying 'please read my blog' worried me, then I read the post, and everyone else was worried, so I thought I must be being evil thinking it was a joke, and worried right along with everyone else. DOH!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake