View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Earthquake!

I was surprised to learn that our tiddly little earthquake had made the news across The Pond, It was just 5.2 on the Richter scale, there was some damage to property, and one man received a broken pelvis from a collapsing chimney stack.

It was too far from London for me to have felt it (thank goodness, I'm terrified at the thought of earthquakes).

Here are some pictures of the damage, and a Google Map to show exactly where the epicentre (the interestingly-named Market Rasen) is located in the British Isles.








View Larger Map

OK, it turns out that you have to view the larger map and go down a bit for London to appear.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, a 5.2 is nothing to be ashamed of ;0)
I live just about in the middle of the dot for Nottingham and the dot for Derby. Trust me, at 1am this morning, there was a whole lot of noise and shaking going on that didn't feel 'little' at all. I woke up shouting 'WOAH!' - and this was (sadly) without the presence of the lovely Mr D'Onofrio beside me.

SnarkAngel said...

Oh Diane . . . come on! We KNOW if Mr. D'Onofrio had been next to you, you would have been the CAUSE of the earthquake! LOL

JoJo said...

Oh yeah, the closet doors would be rattling and plaster falling in, if VDO was in ANY of our beds!!!!!!

Eliza said...

we felt it in Oxford..although as I was half asleep as the time I didn't realise what it was...would have been nice to say my bed moved because of VDO rther than an earthquake :-D

Anonymous said...

Snarkangel, it's my mission in life to make the earth move for Vincent ;0)

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake