View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, September 15, 2007

And the answers are:

1. furphy - a false report or improbable story; a rumour (Australian)
example: unpleasant people post furphies all over the Internet.
2. piligerous - covered in hair or down
example: Vincent D'Onofrio's chest is slightly piligerous.
3. swikedom - treachery; betrayal; deceit
example: we thought NBC was going to commit an act of swikedom by cancelling LOCI.
4. maritodespotism - the domination of a wife by her husband through the use of fear or force
(Good guess, SnarkAngel).
5. ventoseness - the condition of flatulence, or a tendency to flatulence
example: I am tired of the ventoseness of troll posts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've learned lots of wonderful new words from this and heartily concur with the last one. Thank you Val.
Look, you've gone 'German' at the bottom of the comments box too! I'm just glad it's universal - so has Eliza.

Eliza said...

Thank you for the definitions,I'll have to try and drop thwem into conversation sometime in an effort to look intelligent ;-)

Eliza said...

maybe even drop "Them" into converstation...do you have a definition for thwem?? I blame the new keyboard

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake