View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Murderers!

I can't believe that the guy who wanted to build on the wild land behind the houses opposite me has sent in axemen to destroy the trees. He was not supposed to touch it until there had been a wildlife survey. But NO-ONE at the local council - including the elected Green councillors - seems able to do a thing. I've emailed the Mayor, but he is a prize dick, and I doubt he will lift a finger. While they dither, the habitat for our wildlife is being destroyed, and the baby foxes have spent the day running around in panic at the desecration of their home, a place where humans haven't set foot for at least 60 years.

I HATE these people. They are pure evil, and I hope they die soon, slowly and in agony.

I don't think that's extreme, do you?

6 comments:

JoJo said...

Not extreme at all, Val. I hate this "manifest destiny" bullshit. Pushing out the native habitat in favor of the almighty dollar...or pound in your case.

Have you tried contacting environmental rights groups like Greenpeace or maybe there is a local chapter of Earth First! ? They are the ones who will chain themselves to the trees and make a public spectacle out of it. In the late 90's there was a woman who lived in an old growth redwood tree for 2 years to keep it from being chopped down.

bubbles said...

I know how you feel! I felt the same way when they massacred the pine-trees opposite to where we live. I cried, I called the landlord of my flat (who of course didn't have anything to do with it) and I was upset for days!! I hate it when they do that! And that wasn't even for some plausible reason!!

Unknown said...

They are obviously doing that to pre - empt any results from such a study...the bastards! Do other local people feel the same way? Couldn't you contact the media and create a big stink about it?
Ooo I wish I lived down there, they'd be getting a chain saw enema and no mistake!

Unknown said...

Oh, and no, I wouldn't call your view extreme btw.

Claire said...

No indeed, you are not extreme! I'm sooo sick of developers buying off city councilmen so they can make more millions while paving over or building on every square inch of this town. All the while claiming it is 'smart growth'. That's such a fucking farce. Can we not have any unfettered open spaces, furcryin'out loud???

mary said...

Nope first someone should destroy their "habitat" and scatter their families then they can relate!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake