View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Me and my big mouth...

At last night's area forum, I wrote out a lot of stuff on local problems I thought needed looking into. I discussed it all with my local councillor, and she promised to follow up on it all - most of it was stuff we discussed just before and just after her election, so there were no surprises there.

But as a special needs teacher in the Borough, I am concerned about the Council's plans for reform in that education sector. I told her about the consultation document I had filled in, and how I have done most of the things that there are now, and most of the things that they are proposing. Suddenly I was on the spot to provide the information to the councillors, and of course I hadn't kept a photocopy. So when I've finished posting here, I've got to go and recreate it in an email for them.

I also found out that the local police use their sirens at dead of night because they think they are exempt from the rules governing the sounding of horns at night. I tried telling them that their lights performed the nighttime function that their sirens perform in the daytime, but the officer insisted he was right. I insisted he check and let me know. I'm sure he wouldn't lie...

3 comments:

JoJo said...

I haven't noticed emergency vehicles using sirens at night at all around here; roads are usually empty and they just use their lights. But of course the cops would NEVER lie.

Claire said...

I'd love to know more about how the Brits are educating special needs children. Might be interesting to compare notes...

Anonymous said...

julie.

I am touched by your devotion to the special needs kids you teach. You really care for them. I don't think I could do it. Way to go on your part getting involved.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake