View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, January 28, 2007

A True Irish Tale

JoJo sent me some Blonde jokes, which as a brunette I can totally appreciate...

I avoid racist jokes, and don't like Irish jokes, but true stories about Irish people's quaint ways with words (often repeated by Irish people themselves) are both funny and endearing. Here's a tale from my student days.

A friend who was a folk singer went on tour in Ireland. One evening they found a great pub, and were enjoying some Guinness when it occurred to them that it was getting rather late - in fact it was 2 in the morning. Back then pubs in England closed at 11pm. They called over the landlord and said, "Excuse me, when do you close?" The landlord replied, "Oh, October!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

julie...

very charming. I laughed at this one.

JoJo said...

Cute!!!

So what time to do pubs close now?

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake