View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Saturday, January 20, 2007

Muck-raking

On The News Quiz today on BBC Radio 4 Viking comedian Sandi Toksvig (who was educated at Oxford and whose English is better than that of most English people) put much better than I ever could the truth about the creator of Big Brother.


Peter Bazalgette, who created the reality TV show, is the 2 or 3x great grandson of...

... Sir Joseph Bazalgette, who gave London the sewer system that banished the scourge of typhoid from the capital.

As Sandi said, amazing how the two men were both responsible for providing conduits for excrement.

I'm sure Joseph would be very proud of Peter and his achievements.

4 comments:

Eliza said...

I've been trying to avoid this particular reality show,although,thanks to the stupidity of some people it is now all over the damn news too.

I think Sandi has a very good point,put so well too

Eliza xxxxx

ann said...

I will not give those programmes air play and if anyone in my house wants it on they are banned to their bedrooms and their own tv... I think that may actually be the one and only time I really lost my rag when walking into the house and someone had it on in my living room...

JoJo said...

I'm not sure I get it......

val said...

We can't avoid it.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake