View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, January 16, 2007

AppleMac - Hah!

Today I thought about buying another computer so I didn't have to use a downloaded software to make this one multi-regional. Macs are supposed to be good for media stuff, so I went to an Apple store. After much questioning, I found that I wouldn't have a nice, useful place like My Pictures to save my screencaps, I would have to save them to the desktop, then drag them to a file one by one. As I frequently make 400+ captures from a single episode of LOCI, that did not seem like a profitable use of my time. So I came home and downloaded AnyDVD, and then capped Privilege, 'cos YAY it worked!

4 comments:

JoJo said...

People are really polarized on the Mac vs. PC issue; I myself don't like Mac.

Julie said...

you're certainly an artist with this technology, Val.

Eliza said...

I've never used a mac,so I wouldn't know where to start.Windows does fine for me :-)

Glad you bit the bullet and got AnyDVD,it really is worth it if you do screencaps!!

And what lovely screencaps you did

Eliza xxxxx

val said...

Yes, eyesinthedark, it was an Apple store. The guy advising me even went off and asked an expert. They must believe what they're saying, 'cos they threw away a sale because of it.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake