View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long Lost Loves

This is the opera singer Sean Rea. I was inspired to write this after an online chat with JoJo.

I met Sean in the early 1980s, when he was singing with English National Opera. He also sang at the Royal Opera House with Pavarotti et al. We dated loosely for next 12 years. He's nearly 13 years older than me, and like our beloved Vincent is 6'4". He has a gorgeous bass voice that can melt you, and growls like a tiger post-coitally... And he has a great sense of humour. He now lives in the northwest of England and is no longer on anyone's radar, probably because he had a nice line in threatening to punch out the lights of important people in the management of opera companies. He didn't suffer fools gladly!

Can you imagine how many women used to throw themselves at him? He was not even tempted to remain faithful to anyone.

I kind of gave up on men after him. I didn't think anyone could equal what we had, but I knew to have stayed with him forever would have been a disaster. I didn't think anyone could ever make me feel like that again.

Now there's Vincent, who pushes all the same buttons. Only I have no way to meet him. And anyway, where would I put all those extra pounds I've put on since giving up the horizontal exercise I used to enjoy with Sean.

5 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Thanks for posting the photo of Sean. I've been curious about him since your email about him.

He's impressive!

JoJo said...

Wow, he's really handsome! It's too bad that he could never commit to one person though, but sounds like you had a blast when you were together.

Thanks for posting the picture of him!

ann said...

quite the man isn't he? I sometimes wonder whether it's better to be with someone like that than being with no one at all... hmmmm!!!!

I accept that my adoration of vdo is one-sided, that our paths will never cross, and all I want to do is say thank you for being my inspiration.

Where vdo and I are concerned, there is no hope! aaaaah :>(

Younger Rea relative said...

Goodness me, what a flight of fancy you do have! But then, the people you have known are aware that you and reality do not meet often.

val said...

Oh dear, 10 years after this post someone has googled his/her relation's name and feels compelled to discredit me because they don't know what kind of a man the grandparent is/was. Even if I uploaded and posted pictures I took of him in my home they'd be in denial. I'd actually forgotten about this post, and I'm relieved to see how relatively positive it is compared to the many and long miseries he caused me and others during his 40s and 50s that I could write about.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake