View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Erm...Pardon?


My cable company is called ntl (yes, in lower case, clever and inventive, eh!) and since they were taken over by Sir Richard Branson of Virgin fame, they have been supposed to be cleaning house. They had an awful reputation for customer services. Whenever you phoned it was impossible to get through because of the number of calls, and a recording would tell you to phone back later. And later it was just the same, there never was a time to get through. We'd also been waiting for interactive for years.

They set up interactive the day before I went to Canada, and frankly the handset services suck compared to the old set-up. And so it goes on. I have to unplug the box regularly to be able to get the interactive services to boot. When I'm trying to set a reminder it often freezes and has to ...be unplugged.

Today I tried to switch over to one of our 5 terrestrial stations, which are free to view everywhere all the time - and they'd been removed from my "subscription". I tried to phone up for an explanation and guess what - it's a busy time, call back later!

So I unplugged the box and things eventually corrected themselves. The white heat of technology? NOT!

And why the picture of Bobby? You have to ask? WHY NOT!

5 comments:

ann said...

huh! I just posted a lengthy comment cussing ntl and it didn't post... hmmmmmm

JoJo said...

What a pain in the arse! Maybe Branson should pay attention to what his companies are doing instead of trying to fly around the world in weird contraptions all the time.

val said...

Well, said, JoJo.

DonW said...

Hi Val, nice blog you have put together. The uninformed over here in the Dominion wants to know who Vincent is or was.

JoJo said...

Maybe it's a bunch of hamsters running on wheels.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake