View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sports Day


For the umpteenth time in the last two weeks I went out without my camera - anyway, I couldn't have used pictures of the kids. So here are some web pictures of Ladywell Fields and the arena there where my school's sports day took place today.

It wasn't quite so hot, and some of the time there were clouds, but try as I might I couldn't get enough shade, and my back is the most tanned it's ever been. A bit of a worry given the state of the ozone layer and the problem of skin cancer.

It was a real worry to see some of the fairer and gingerer children getting redder and redder.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

So your kids go to school year round? Your "sports day" must be like our "field day" in the US? Where the kids play outdoor games and then have a cookout?

When I was a kid, 3-legged races and potato sack races were still "in style" (that was 30 years ago).

ann said...

oh val, and it's still hot hot hot... hope the children had fun though.

val said...

School's from first week in September to third week in July, JoJo, with two weeks each at Christmas and Easter, and a week at each half-term.

The kids at most of the local schools have to go offsite for sports day (field and track events, by age, open for disabled students) because we are so Inner London we have no grounds onsite. Yesterday we took loads of refreshments with us, and later someone brought along strawberries and Cornish ice cream (very rich vanilla). Cookouts are a no-no. Most parents don't attend.

JoJo said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! It's a good idea to have the kids go to school nearly year round. They've kicked the idea around here in the states but so far nothing's happened.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake