View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Monday, June 05, 2006

I know how you feel


What a day! First day of jury service, and I wasn't required for any jury - but not dismissed from court till 2.30pm. Went to the supermarket on the way home, then after putting the shopping away decided to go and get a few signatures for my letter/petition about the plans to ruin my street. But everyone is so wired up about it that I ended up spending over an hour talking to various people. Those worst affected (whose houses will be overlooked by the new development) are having meetings, unaware that the rest of the street is also up in arms. Someone else, who discovered only a small number of people received the letter from the council, has duplicated it and plans to deliver it to the whole street. It's always been a good community here, but this is really making us gel as a group, so something positive has resulted from this threat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Say Val, can you post a photo of the old house that they want to tear down? I'd love to see what it looks like, as well as the wildlife area.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake