View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lice - not nice

The big topic of conversation in the classroom today has been headlice - while we were eating our lunch!

One girl is alive with them. We're not allowed to send her home, I'm not even sure you can send a letter just to one set of parents any more, or phone them up. The "Nit Nurse" no longer exists (could be regarded as an assault) so lice just multiply.

As soon as nits are mentioned, everyone just starts acratching. I'm still doing it now. Never had them, never want them, but they seem to follow me everywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come you guys aren't allowed to send her home? Here in the states, I believe the children are sent home. The nurse does checks on kids all the time. The parents are at least notified. How sad for the little girl; she's obviously neglected. What must her home life be like?

eliza said...

Val,I remember them well :( I was forever treating my kids,sending them back to school,only for them to come home covered again.Made me so cross that not everyone was taking care of the problem.

I'm going to go and have a good scratch now,cos just thinking about them makes me itch

Eliza xxxxx

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake