View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Tuesday, May 16, 2006

The Extra Leg


Dandy often lies like this with a leg under his chin, looking like he has an extra paw. He's just been to the vet's today for the second week running, and has to go back again next week. This is because I noticed a lump in his neck. He had penicillin for a week, which appeared not to work, but the vet says it's a different gland that's up this week, so no suspected cancer and no biopsies, just another week on the antibiotics.

Meanwhile, he spent the day locked in the spare room. Add to that the fact that he hates going in the carrier. Once I picked the basket up and found he'd squeezed his huge bulk out of a one-and-a-half-inch gap, so he has a special escape-proof box. Even though he hasn't had a good day thanks to me, he is curled up beside me instead of catching up on the time he's lost in the garden.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's simply gorgeous, Val.

Jane said...

Oh sweet angel. My cat Sunny is diabetic and has to go to the vet on a regular basis. It's alway's a struggle.

val said...

Tess, you are great for doing what you do for Sunny. I don't know how I would cope witha diabetic cat.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake