View My Stats

Welcome to the world of the Vincent D'Onofrio obsessed - and a bit of real life thrown in.


Sunday, November 04, 2012

What everyone's watching

Saturday nights are useless on TV. If you don't like The X Factor, a hospital drama that must be a century old, or some action thriller movie, you might be reduced to switching off. Or you could do what most people I know seem to have done, all independently of one another, and watch Inspector Montalbano...
 
 
It's a most understated cop show. The hero is not handsome, but he has little trouble pulling. The stories can be nasty, and as the show is set in Sicily, there is often a Mafia link. The scenery is stunning.
 
Criminal Intent it isn't, but I've been enjoying it immensely. Next week is, sadly, the last, so heaven knows what I'll watch after that.
 
Anyone else been watching?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would if I was on my own - and I still have the final 'Wallender' sitting waiting to be watched (since July.....)

JoJo said...

There's nothing on TV over here either.

Eliza said...

I haven't watched it yet, but it's on my list...I've got into an awful habit of waiting and watching loads of episodes from a series one after the other :)

For the record..I like 'Casualty', it's traditional Saturday night viewing, has been since I watched it with my gran years ago

vikeau said...

Looks great. Unfortunately not on BBC America which is the only place I'd get to see it. Although Dr. Who generally plays on Saturday nights here in the States when it airs.

guiding light81 said...

I haven't seen any of those Montalbano episodes yet, but I read ALL the books from Camilleri about him!They are marvellous!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starsign - Aries Chinese Year - Snake